2017 CANON LITTLE LEAGUE PHOTO CONTEST
POWERED BY CANON PIXMA PRINTERS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AGE EIGHTEEN (18) OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS CONTEST.
- ELIGIBILITY: The 2017 Canon Little League Photo Contest Powered by Canon PIXMA Printers (the “Contest”), sponsored by Canon U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), is open only to people who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia on the date of entry and the date a prize is awarded (if applicable) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides at the time of entry. The Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas U.S. military installations and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, the parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates of each of the foregoing or Little League Baseball, Incorporated (“LLB”) (Sponsor and all of the foregoing entities are referred to collectively herein as the “Contest Entities”), and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address).
- ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for the Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on May 1, 2017, and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, visit www.LittleLeague.org/canonphotocontest (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen registration instructions. Each entrant will be required to complete an Official Entry Form (which will require the entrant to provide his or her name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth and such other information as Sponsor may require) and to upload to the Website a photograph taken by the entrant (a “Photograph”) that relates to one of three (3) themes (each a “Theme”) designated by Sponsor. The Themes are specified in Section 4 below. There is no limit on the number of times each person may enter, but each Photograph submitted must be unique and an entrant must not submit a particular Photograph more than once. If an entrant submits a particular Photograph more than once, or if multiple entrants submit the same Photograph, Sponsor will have the right to disqualify any or all affected entries as Sponsor determines in its discretion. If an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, the entrant must fill out a separate Official Entry Form with respect to each entry. All entries must be completed and received by Sponsor by no later than the conclusion of the Entry Period. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Normal time rates, if any, charged by the entrant’s Internet service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person. An entrant selected as a potential winner with respect to a particular Theme will not be permitted to be a potential winner with respect to other Themes. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- THEMES: The Themes are as follows: Stepping Up To The Plate; Fandemonium; and Team Spirit.
- PHOTO GUIDELINES: All Photographs must comply with the following guidelines:
(a) the Photograph must be in .jpg, .png, .gif, .tif or .jpeg file format and minimum file size of five hundred (500) kilobytes; (b) the resolution of the Photograph must be at least 300 dpi; (c) the Photograph (including the copyright in the Photograph) must be owned by the entrant and must be original; (d) the Photograph must have been taken by the entrant and must not previously have been published for commercial or editorial purposes in any commercially-produced publication (e.g., magazines, websites) or have won any award; (e) the Photograph must not depict or refer to any brand or trademark other than Canon or Little League Baseball; (f) the Photograph must not contain any material that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, violent, obscene or offensive, or that promotes a political agenda; (g) the Photograph must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by the Licensees (as defined in Section 9) requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party; (h) if the Photograph identifies or depicts any person other than the entrant, the entrant must have prior to submission obtained written consent from such person (or his or her parent or legal guardian, if the person identified or depicted is a minor) to the use by the Licensees of the Photograph including such person’s name, image and/or other identifying information, as applicable, as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules; and (i) the Photograph must not contain any material that Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing. By submitting a Photograph, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the foregoing requirements and has obtained all permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Photograph and the use of the Photograph as permitted pursuant to Section 9 of these Official Rules and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. Each entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. Sponsor and the Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Photograph that Sponsor and the Contest Entities determine does not comply with these guidelines, to make such changes to any Photograph as are necessary to make it compliant, or to require the entrant to do so.
- WINNER SELECTION: With respect to each Theme, one (1) potential winner will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor and/or LLB (the “Judges”) from among all Photographs submitted in accordance with these Official Rules during the Entry Period, for a total of three (3) potential winners. With respect to each Theme, the Judges will determine the potential winner by judging each Photograph submitted with respect to that Theme based on the following criteria, weighted as indicated: (a) Use of Theme (50%); (b) Quality of Image (25%); and (c) Overall Impression (25%). With respect to each Theme, the entrant who submitted the Photograph that receives the highest average score from the Judges (the “Winning Photograph”) will be the potential winner. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the tied entrants’ scores in the “Quality of Image” category. Notwithstanding the above winner selection process, there is a limit of one (1) prize per person, and an entrant selected as the potential winner with respect to a particular Theme will not be permitted to be a potential winner with respect to other Themes.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by
e- mail (sent to the e-mail address provided by the entrant when entering), mail and/or telephone, in Sponsor’s discretion, on or about July 14, 2017. Each potential winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release certifying, among other things, that the Photograph complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 5). Verification of each potential winner’s eligibility may also include, without limitation, a background investigation. Each entrant consents to the conduct of a background investigation (which may include a review of criminal records) on the entrant and agrees to supply any authorizations or permissions deemed necessary by Sponsor in connection with any such investigation. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, or fails to complete and return to Sponsor any required documentation within three (3) days of delivery to the potential winner of the same, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor conducts a background investigation on a potential winner and determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to the potential winner, publicizing any facts or details about the potential winner or an association of the potential winner with Sponsor or the Contest might reflect negatively on the Sponsor and/or its products or services or the Contest, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen (using the same selection method as resulted in the initial selection of the potential winner who was disqualified).
- PRIZES: Three (3) Grand Prizes will be offered (one (1) for each Theme). Each of the Grand Prizes consists of (a) a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to South Williamsport, PA to attend a Little League Baseball World Series Championship Weekend Game scheduled to occur on the weekend of August 26, 2017 (the “LLBWS Trip”), (b) one (1) Canon “Input-Output” Bundle consisting of Canon EOS products and PIXMA MG Series printer products determined by Sponsor; (c) one (1) of the following items, as determined by Sponsor: Little League Baseball merchandise selected by Sponsor with an aggregate approximate retail value of Fifty Dollars ($50) or a gift card with a face value of Fifty Dollars ($50); and (d) the Winning Photograph displayed for up to one (1) year at the World of Little League Museum and included in appropriate e-mail communications. The LLBWS Trip will consist of round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and the guest between the major airport nearest to the winner’s home and an airport in or near the destination; a two (2) night stay at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one standard room, double occupancy; room rate and taxes only; size and type of room determined by Sponsor in its discretion); ground transfers between the airport and hotel; and $2250 awarded in the form of a check or another payment method determined by Sponsor
($750 per day for three (3) days, which is intended to cover miscellaneous costs incurred by the winner and guests during the LLBWS Trip, including without limitation rental car and/or other necessary ground transportation expenses). The LLBWS Trip also includes two (2) tickets (one (1) for the winner and one (1) for the guest) for admission to a Little League World Series Game scheduled to occur the weekend of August 26, 2017 and two (2) tickets (one (1) for the winner and one (1) for the guest) for admission to the World of Little League Museum to attend a viewing of the Winning Photograph. Sponsor has the right in its discretion to require that the winner’s guest be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the guest resides, unless the winner is a parent or legal guardian of the guest. The winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. All travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor or its agents. The winner will be solely responsible for all rental car and/or other necessary ground transportation arrangements other than the ground transfers provided as part of the prize. If the winner resides 200 or fewer miles from Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Sponsor may in its discretion substitute a gift card with a face value of Three Hundred Dollars ($300) for the air transportation component of the prize. No substitution will be made in the event the winner is not available to attend the LLBWS Trip on the dates specified by Sponsor or otherwise elects not to attend the LLBWS Trip. Tickets awarded may not be sold or offered for resale or exchanged for substitute tickets. Dates and times of LLBWS Trip and all prize-related activities are determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, the event promoter, commissioner and/or governing league, as applicable, and may be subject to change. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation or postponement of the LLBWS Trip or any prize-related activity. Should such cancellation or postponement occur, Sponsor’s only obligation will be to provide a substitute prize or prize component of equal or greater retail value. The winner and guest will be bound by and must comply with all applicable venue, team, museum and/or other regulations. The Released Parties (as defined in Section 10) reserve the right to remove from any prize-related activity or deny attendance to the winner and/or guest if either party engages in disruptive, inappropriate or non-sportsmanlike behavior, fails to adhere to applicable regulations or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other event attendee. The Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control (each, a “Force Majeure Event”) that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the LLBWS Trip or any prize-related activity. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize may govern in the event any such Force Majeure Event occurs. All prize details (including the specific Canon products and whether Little League Baseball merchandise or a gift card will be awarded, and if the former, the specific merchandise) will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the items specified in these Official Rules. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $6,350. The exact value will depend on where the winner resides and market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. The ARV of all Grand Prizes is $19,050. Additional terms and restrictions may apply. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize (including without limitation, all costs associated with souvenirs, incidentals, baggage fees, insurance and food costs in excess of the per diem) are the responsibility of the winner. Use of gift cards is subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. The prize may not be redeemed for cash. No substitution of any prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. No transfer of the right to receive a prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize value, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued to the winner if required by law.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant retains ownership of the copyright in any Photograph submitted by the entrant, subject to the grants of rights contained herein. By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably consents, grants and gives permission to each of the Contest Entities and those each of them may designate from time to time (including without limitation the licensees and corporate sponsors of LLB) (all of the foregoing, the “Licensees”) to exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, use and authorize the use of the entrant’s name, likeness (including without limitation photographs and/or recordings of the entrant), voice and biographical information, and any Photograph submitted by the entrant (collectively, the “Entrant Materials”), including without limitation modifying, altering, excerpting or amending the Photograph and/or creating derivative works based on the Photograph or any component thereof, for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion and any other purpose, in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity. Without limitation of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably agrees that the Licensees are permitted, during the Entry Period and thereafter, to display the Entrant Materials online at the Website and other websites and/or social media platforms for public viewing and comment and to incorporate the Entrant Materials in publications (including without limitation Little League Magazine, the World of Little League Museum and other LLB publications), advertising, marketing and promotional materials and media releases and announcements (collectively, “Works”) for the Licensees and/or their respective products and services, the Contest and/or the World of Little League Museum. By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and irrevocably agrees that the entrant will not be entitled to receive any credit, compensation or notification whatsoever (other than as required by law) in connection with the grant of rights and releases herein or if any Entrant Materials are incorporated in any Works, or from any proceeds of any utilized Work incorporating any Entrant Materials.
- RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By entering, each entrant, on behalf of the entrant and his or her heirs, executors, guardians, assigns, agents and representatives, releases each of the Licensees and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing, and all people and entities involved in the development or execution of the Contest including Little League, (the “Released Parties”), from and agrees not to assert any claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the conduct of or the entrant’s participation in the Contest, the acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof, travel to and/or participation in any prize-related activity, the use of any Photograph by any of the Licensees or any other exercise by any of the Licensees of the rights granted herein, and all liabilities, losses, injuries and/or damages arising out of relating to the same. The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claims, actions, suits, proceedings or demands based upon or alleging any invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity or infringement of any intellectual property or other personal or proprietary rights, or any personal injury or death to an entrant or any other person or any damage to or loss of personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or any component thereof and any activity or travel related thereto or participation in this Contest. Entrants assume all liability for and risk of any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, the acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof or travel to or participation in any prize-related activity.
- GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries or e-mails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries, Photographs or entry information, any delay or interruption in the launch, accessibility or operation of the Website or any entry or voting period or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Contest any individual who the Contest Entities determine or believe, in their sole discretion, (a) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (b) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of any Contest Entity, or (c) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules) and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other cause beyond the control of the Contest Entities corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest, as determined by the Contest Entities, or if for any other reason the Contest Entities are not able to conduct the Contest as planned
(including without limitation in the event the operation of the Contest is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on the Website and the Judges designated by Sponsor and/or LLB may select a winner for each Theme from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined by Sponsor. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold each of the Contest Entities and each of their successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing, harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the use by any of them of the Photograph as permitted hereunder, and all liabilities, losses, injuries and/or damages to entrant or any other person arising out of relating to the same. Entries and Photographs will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of any prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in Suffolk County in the State of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. Each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all claims, causes of action and/or lawsuits relating to or arising out of the Contest shall be an action at law for the recovery of monetary damages only, and in no event shall any of the rights acquired or to be acquired by any of the Licensees hereunder be affected or impaired. Each entrant agrees that in no event shall the entrant have the right to enjoin or otherwise interfere with the exercise by any of the Licensees of any of their rights hereunder or to terminate or rescind any of the rights granted herein. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
- WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, available after August 28, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2017 Canon Little League Photo Contest Powered by Canon PIXMA Printers, c/o Grey Activation & PR, 200 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010.
- SPONSOR: Canon U.S.A., Inc., Melville, New York.